Methi Chicken is a popular Indian dish that features tender chicken cooked in a fragrant and flavorful fenugreek (methi) and spice-based gravy. Here’s a recipe for Methi Chicken:
- 500g chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 cup fresh fenugreek leaves (methi), finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and cook until they are fragrant.
- Add the chopped onions and cook until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the ginger paste and garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they are soft and pulpy.
- Add the coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add the chicken pieces to the skillet and stir well to coat with the masala. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned on all sides.
- Add the finely chopped fenugreek leaves to the skillet and mix well. Cover the skillet and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with naan or rice.