Mutton Korma is a rich and aromatic Indian dish that is made with tender chunks of mutton (goat meat) cooked in a flavorful and creamy sauce. Here’s a recipe for Mutton Korma:
- 1 kg mutton, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat the oil and ghee in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and cook until they are fragrant.
- Add the chopped onions and cook until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the ginger paste and garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add the mutton pieces to the pot and stir well to coat with the masala. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mutton is browned on all sides.
- Add the coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add the yogurt and mix well. Cover the pot and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the mutton is cooked through.
- Add the cream to the pot and mix well. Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with naan or rice.