Shami Kebab is a popular Pakistani and Indian appetizer that features a patty made of minced meat, lentils, and spices. Here’s a recipe for Shami Kebab using chicken, lamb, mutton, or beef:
- 500g minced meat (chicken, lamb, mutton, or beef)
- 1 cup chana dal (split Bengal gram)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4-5 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- Oil for frying
- Wash the chana dal and soak it in water for 2 hours.
- Drain the water and boil the chana dal in fresh water until it is soft and cooked through.
- Drain the water and let it cool.
- In a food processor or blender, grind the cooked chana dal into a fine paste.
- In a large bowl, mix together the minced meat, chana dal paste, chopped onions, chopped green chilies, ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Mix well to form a smooth dough-like mixture.
- Divide the mixture into small equal-sized balls and flatten them to form patties.
- Dip each patty in beaten egg.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the patties until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with mint chutney and onion rings.